Vehicle Battery Systems fitted to modern cars require a complex system to control and maintain the best charge and discharge rates which not only ensures the longest in service life but also that systems such as Stop/Start operate correctly. The 12-0200 gives the operator access to all the functions complicated and time-consuming manufacturer scan tools have to perform the same function but in a fraction of the time. On average the total time required by the technician to reset a system will be 30 seconds.
Battery Management Monitors:
- Battery Voltage
- Battery Current
- Battery Temperature
- Operating Times
Failure to validate (register) the new battery will result in:
- Premature failure of the replacement battery
- Issues with the Start/Stop functionality
- Shutdown of non-essential electrical systems
- If a condemned battery is replaced and new battery is not validated, the battery management module will continue to manage the battery in an “assumed” degraded state, so it is critical that the diagnostic validation takes place.
12-0200 Technical Specifications
Dimensions - 7.5” H x 4.25” W x 2.0” L Screen - High Contrast OLED Keypad - 6-button, oil, and water resistant Powered - by Vehicle Battery Weight - 11 oz Warranty - 1 Year
The 12-0200 kit includes:
- OBDII Cable
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide – Instructions on tool operation
- Provides coverage for Active Battery Management Systems for Audi, BMW, GM, Ford, Nissan, Volkswagen, Volvo, and many more, allowing installation of a new battery to be correct with a system relearn along with code reading and clearing.
- Simple to use menu-driven system
- Rugged design to withstand a service shop environment
- 13 Programmed Languages
- Includes one-year tool software
Software Registration Suite Download (right-click and choose save as…)